Hey everyone, I have a couple thoughts after doing some grading for week three:
- It’s imperative that you split your barker readings up into either two separate posts or use a heading for each chapter inside one post. You cannot combine the two chapters into one review, they are separate assignments.
- If you want to go over 75 words for your reviews then do a shorter version where everything you want me to read is up front, and all your extended thought follow. You can use something like “Extended Thoughts” below or whatever. Some of you are writing way more than you need to, and while I don’t want to discourage you from getting into the material, I do want to encourage you to practice precise writing. In 75 words give me the best writing and reflection on your reading you can offer, after that you can write for as long as you want.
- Be sure to post your class reflections by the end of the day, and make sure all your other posts are done by class on monday.
- Don’t forget to do your classmate responses as well, and they also are due on Monday.
- In terms of content for your reviews, remember they are not to be just reactions to the reading but actual review of the key points, themes and thesis of what you read. Here you want to pull out the author’s language and ideas and summarize it/response to it.
- Overall, everyone is doing a great job! Keep it up.